10 Tips From Billy Wilder on How to Write a Good Screenplay:
- The audience is fickle.
- Grab ‘em by the throat and never let ‘em go.
- Develop a clean line of action for your leading character.
- Know where you’re going.
- The more subtle and elegant you are in hiding your plot points, the better you are as a writer.
- If you have a problem with the third act, the real problem is in the first act.
- A tip from Lubitsch: let the audience add up two plus two. They’ll love you forever.
- In doing voice-overs, be careful not to describe what the audience already sees. Add to what they’re seeing.
- The event that occurs at the second act curtain triggers the end of the movie.
- The third act must build, build, build in tempo and action until the last event, and then — that’s it. Don’t hang around.
3 months ago with 74 notes
- madelinesaid likes this
- weeklynovelwriting reblogged this from cooperhelps
- seanthejurassic reblogged this from derrickfilmdude
- kellyyyoh likes this
- bilykchambers likes this
- thehitchhikerrps reblogged this from cooperhelps
- tinybrokensparrow likes this
- tinybrokensparrow reblogged this from cooperhelps
- kikohelps likes this
- charliezardrps reblogged this from cooperhelps
- dietpepsbri likes this
- thetriwizardcup likes this
- ramonabarckert reblogged this from scriptanalytics
- ramonabarckert likes this
- thealienplanet likes this
- epikalia reblogged this from scriptanalytics
- abbyajayi reblogged this from scriptanalytics
- gideonsway reblogged this from scriptanalytics
- shiraghertner reblogged this from scriptanalytics and added:
- shiraghertner likes this
- espritedaway likes this
- sara-sarai likes this
- mijonu likes this
- betweenrewrites likes this
- schizodolph likes this
- needlezkane likes this
- scriptanalytics likes this
- scriptanalytics reblogged this from cooperhelps
- ceruumcorde likes this
- ekkylovesslash likes this
- justtrustmeokay reblogged this from houseoffantasists
- chibi-brian reblogged this from houseoffantasists
- intellectual-is-the-new-sexual likes this
- onepersonarmy likes this
- bloodyjaw reblogged this from houseoffantasists
- bloodyjaw likes this
- kidwiththetypewriter likes this
- myeyesarehazel likes this
- houseoffantasists reblogged this from cooperhelps
- donotfretlove likes this
- thisonedreams likes this
- welchsjelly likes this
- garbooty likes this
- baronamato likes this
- baronamato reblogged this from derrickfilmdude
- cammysawr likes this
- gaysharkbait reblogged this from freelance-anthem
- gaysharkbait likes this
- annerocious likes this
- freelance-anthem reblogged this from cooperhelps
Heyo, my name's Sav and I'm here to help you with all of your RPCHA and RPCW needs. Please be sure to check out the "what I do" portion of my blog before requesting anything. If you need anything, feel free to shoot me a message, regardless of fandom.
What I mainly specialize in is writing help. I'm an aspiring television writer, so character development is kind of what I like to do most, as pretentious as it may sound. If you want writing help, you've come to the right place.
If you want to say hi, just say hi! I'm always down for making friends in this community. Any/all questions off anonymous, unless potentially useful to the community and not specified as private, will be answered privately.